[lfs-support] Test failures in automake-1.12.3 : sorted!

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Sep 30 14:27:18 PDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 02:26:21PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> I went back and retested 1.12.4 and got:

> Testsuite summary for GNU Automake 1.12.4
> # TOTAL: 2880
> # PASS:  2756
> # SKIP:  86
> # XFAIL: 38
> # FAIL:  0
> # XPASS: 0
> # ERROR: 0
>
> This is not in a Chapter 6 environment, but has python and a lot of BLFS
> packages (about 260) installed.  I think any errors in Chapter 6 can be
> ignored as test construction errors.
>
> Some of the skipped tests are due to missing Microsoft C compiler(4),
> MinGW(1), vala(7), etags(2), emacs, f77(4), etc.
>

>    -- Bruce

 I don't know if 1.12.4 has made it to LFS-svn - I've been sticking
with LFS-7.2 while I rework my build scripts, but I noticed the open
ticket for 1.12.4 when I was about to raise a ticket for possibly
patching 1.12.3.

 But, I think that *Errors* in chapter 6 tests (other than the
toolchain - or at least least gcc), often benefit from being
mentioned - otherwise people run the tests and panic if they don't
see perfection.  The patch to 1.12.3 fixed a race in the test.

 Maybe I'm overtuned to Errors in automake tests at the moment,
after being bugged by 80+ in previosu 1.12 scripted runs.

 I don't usually pay any attention to skipped tests, except if I
notice that someone here had a skip where mine ran (locales).
Similarly, I haven't yet been persuaded to investigate XPASS
failures in gcc.

ĸen