[lfs-support] Test failures in automake-1.12.3 : sorted!

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sat Sep 29 16:38:56 PDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 12:32:22AM +0100, Ken Moffat wrote:

>  and I'll open a ticket for this possible fix to
> t/python-missing.sh.  Normally, I'd just upload the patch, but I'd
> prefer to get confirmation that it fixes the problem.  More on -dev
> when I've created a ticket.

 Forget that - the testsuite fix was applied upstream in August, and
1.12.4 came out in September (#3185) so fixing the 1.12.3 tests is a
waste of time.

 However, I do think that perhaps we shouldn't discourage people
from running the automake testsuite on modern processors : sure,
with -j1 it takes an excessively long time, but with modern SMP it
runs much quicker if you use -j4.

ĸen