[lfs-support] Host Distribution

Wally Lepore wallylepore at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 12:30:21 PDT 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 3:10 PM, Wally Lepore wrote:
> the Linux community seems to make this an important issue to
> consider when choosing a distro.
>
> What is defined as "old" packages'? Can you please give me an example
> (perhaps point to a link) and why "old' packages would affect my
> distro choice? I'm just trying to understand.

Hi,

I did locate this interesting link that explains most of my previous
question above.
The sections titled, "Stability vs. Cutting Edge" and "Hardware
Compatability" seem to supply enough info.

http://lifehacker.com/5889950/how-to-find-the-perfect-linux-distribution-for-you

I believe that "Debian"will be more than sufficient for the whole LFS
build process and everyday usability as I am running an older legacy
system featuring Dual Pentium III cpu's.

Thank you
Wally