[lfs-support] Video Tutorials

Wally Lepore wallylepore at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 12:22:15 PDT 2012

Hi Bruce,

>> 2) Also read that LFS may not recognize IDE disk drives during a compile.
> >My understanding is that LFS prefers SCSI drives but if one digs he can
>> configure LFS to recognize SCSI drives?

>Where did you read that?  It's wrong.  LFS will use anything the host uses.

I stand corrected. Upon watching the video again, I believe he was talking
about setting up LFS in a Virtual Box (VB) environment using the LFS LiveCd
and adjusting the settings in VB to point to IDE drive's at boot-up (if
using one). He went on to say that the reason is that the modern kernels
assume your using the latest hardware and VB defaults to pointing to SCSI
drives at boot-up.

The IDE versus SCSI "potential" conflict is located at this video link
(below). Please go to runtime 22:30 (where he discusses in detail). Then he
mentions it again briefly at runtime 38:13

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQI9jBazhaY

Thank you for the correction.

Thank you
Wally