[lfs-support] Can't boot into LFS kernel.

Henrik /KaarPoSoft henrik at kaarposoft.dk
Wed Sep 12 06:36:09 PDT 2012

On 09/12/12 14:27, Khoa Nguyen wrote:
> Hi Henrik,
>
> Thank you very much. Your explanation is clear. I get a lot
> of knowledge from you.
> I've already made a initramfs as following:
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/postlfs/initramfs.html

Great!
(Not using busybox as I suggested but copying a lot of files instead -
perfectly fine)
> And The computer boot into LFS kernel by UUID.
>
> However, when it is booting, it don't know what is UUID or device to boot.
>
> And go to sh shell ( busybox ) like you said.
>
> I try to cat /etc/partitions but I don't see /dev/sdb1.
> So I think the VMWARE has problem.

When you are in the shell in the initramfs, try
cat /proc/filesystems
cat /proc/partitions
ls -l /dev
blkid

If that does not help you to figure out what happened, you may post the
result here on the list.

You may also have a look at the kernel log, and see if it gives any hints...

/Henrik