[lfs-support] Can't boot into LFS kernel.

Khoa Nguyen vankhoa011 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 02:27:27 PDT 2012

Hi Henrik,

I got your point. I've already built everything which related file system,
SCSI into the kernel. However, the problem is the same.

I setup  LFS on virtual machine by Vmware.
I found out someone who have same issue with me.

This person has problem like me and the solution is
"Yes, the problem of this mail is just of compiling kernel. It starts up

successfully just when I compiled the kernel again. I selected the options
which contain almost all SCSI drivers, all fs drivers, especially two VMware
drivers which were mentioned by Fernando and I guess whether a bit important.
CONFIG_VMWARE_PVSCSI=y
CONFIG_VMWARE_BALLOON=y"

I've already select all SCSI driver, all fs driver but I don't find out
CONFIG_VMWARE.... .

I built the kernel again. But problem is same.

Thank you for your reply.

Thanks and Regards,
Khoa Nguyen.