[lfs-support] error regarding chapter 6.13 binutils

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 20:19:29 PDT 2012

Yida Zhang wrote:
> Hi, Guys
>
> I have encountered the same problem. But it seems that mine is more
> serious. Please see the output of the make -k check as follows:

> === ld Summary ===
>
> # of expected passes 560
> # of unexpected failures 143
> # of expected failures 61
> # of untested testcases 1

You are replying to a message that is 5 months old.  Your problem does
not seem to be related.

In any case, these errors are way too much.  You should have something like

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/build-logs/7.2/core2duo/test-logs/075-binutils

That is, no unexpected failures.  It's really quite difficult to say
what caused the errors.  The lack of PWL_handle_timeout and PPL in
configure is normal.

I suspect something wrong in Chapter 5.  Unfortunately, about the only
thing I can suggest is starting over.  Use LFS-7.2.

   -- Bruce