[lfs-support] Can't boot into LFS kernel.

Khoa Nguyen vankhoa011 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 19:16:43 PDT 2012

Hi Henrik,

Thank you for your reply.
I've already tried to boot by UUID but the problem was same.

I think there was any problem when i built the kernel for LFS.
You can send me .config file of LFS ?

When I type "make modules_install", It displays :

 root:/sources/linux-3.2.6# make modules_install
  INSTALL arch/x86/kernel/test_nx.ko
  INSTALL drivers/hid/hid-logitech-dj.ko
  INSTALL drivers/scsi/scsi_wait_scan.ko
  INSTALL fs/ext4/ext4.ko
  INSTALL fs/jbd2/jbd2.ko
  INSTALL lib/crc16.ko
  INSTALL net/netfilter/xt_mark.ko
  DEPMOD  3.2.6
Warning: you may need to install module-init-tools
See http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/docs/post-halloween-2.6.txt

I don't know it is problem, isn't it ?

I've read some information on the internet . They told the
module-init-tools is replaced by kmod package.
So It is not problem .

Anyone have any idea ? Please help me. Thank you so much.

Thanks and Regards,
Khoa Nguyen.