[lfs-support] Packaged LFS-6.8

DJ Lucas dj at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Sep 10 15:53:51 PDT 2012

On 09/06/2012 06:51 AM, Baho Utot wrote:
> On 09/05/2012 11:26 PM, DJ Lucas wrote:
>> On 08/24/2012 10:35 AM, Baho Utot wrote:
>>> I have successfully packaged LFS-6.8 using pacman from arch linux.
>>>
>>> Here is the link if anyone is interested and wants to have a look.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/baho-utot/LFS-pacman
>>>
>>> I am going to update that repository to versions 7.0 7.1 and 7.2.
>>>
>>> The "build system" I use for the tool chain chapter 5 could be adapted
>>> to the base chapter 6.
>>> I think it is a easy way to script a build.
>>>
>>> Comments welcome
>>>
>> Cool. Thanks for doing this. Working from trunk as of an hour ago now.
>> I've also just forked your github to work for update to SVN along with
>> some other changes for my own taste. I've not worked with Pacman yet,
>> though I had intended to replace my aging homebrew packaging system for
>> some time now...seems as good a time as any. Will let you know how it
>> turns out when completed.
>>
>> -- DJ Lucas
>>

> OK thanks
> I have tagged lFS-6.8 to 7.1.
> I am working on LFS-7.2 now and plan to have it complete by the first of
> next week if all goes well.
> I am on 6.8 Sed

Sweet. I'll delete the fork and wait it out then as I had other stuff
come up and wasn't able to work on it more than updating the package
versions and md5s (not the build instructions). There are some changes
that I'll be making locally, just adding BLFS packages that affect the
base packages (ACL, ATTR, bc, Coreutils, Cracklib, Linux-PAM, OpenSSL,
Python, Shadow, and Util-Linux off the top of my head).

-- DJ Lucas