[lfs-support] LFS 7.2 missing file 75-cd-aliases-generator.rules

Lewis Pike phaselocker at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 12:48:43 PDT 2012

LFS 7.2 section 7.5 "Creating Custom Symlinks to Devices" advises the
reader to edit /lib/udev/rules.d/75-cd-aliases-generator.rules as
needed.  Unfortuantely, I can't find this file on my LFS system.

It looks like the udev package underwent some signifcant changes
between LFS-7.1 & LFS-7.2 so perhaps this issue is related to that.
Might section 7.5 of the book need updating to reflect the recent
changes to udev?

If the 75-cd-aliases-generator.rules file is in fact no longer a part
of udev, what is the recommended way to create the /dev/cdrom and
/dev/dvd symlinks?

.lewis