[lfs-support] prerequisites

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 15:49:22 PDT 2012

Mikie wrote:

> I am a confused newbie too tw3ak but I'm going to guess that each
> time you run make menuconfig you get a new .config file.

The .config file is in the kernel source directory, so you don't modify
anything in the running system.

The configuration processes for the kernel either takes the current
.config for a starting point and then writes out a modified .config
(e.g. make menuconfig) or overwrites the .config file completely (e.g.
make defconfig).

The options available are detailed in 'make help'.

   -- Bruce