[lfs-support] prerequisites

Robert Cox tw3akurb0x at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 9 11:56:28 PDT 2012

communication skills are a personal weakness, please allow me to elaborate further... LOL

 my question is about menuconfig... in several howto web pages they refer to copying the /boot/.config file from the distro currently running to the .config file in the build directory to use as a starting point . Then loading that .config file as and "alternate file" and continuing the customization from there.

    As simply stated as I can think to ask, if I load an "alternate" config as stated above, and then make new choices in menuconfig such as running "make localmodconfig" does this action "append" the .config file or make a new one?

  P.S. thanks for your generous effort in my behalf.
                                                                                                       tw3ak