[lfs-support] prerequisites

Baho Utot baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Sun Sep 9 08:20:05 PDT 2012

On 09/09/2012 11:05 AM, Robert Cox wrote:
> hello,
>
>        Wow lots to learn, I have little computer background and no
> formal computer training I'm self taught.
>

>   I'm a bit stuck... menuconfig.. and the file .config  coping over my
> distro's config file to .config in the build directory then loading it
> to menuconfig making additional changes to customize the
> configuration?, the question is does menuconfig "append" each time I
> run it like with make localmodconfig? would I just be better off using
> gedit or vi to hand edit this file?
>
> lost in cyberspace,
> tw3ak

Are you talking about the kernel configuration?

if [ $response = yes ]; then
     make mrproper
     make defconfig
     patch -Np0 -i ../kernel-devtmpfs.patch
     make
     make modules_install
else
     printf " I don't follow your question
fi

With the attached patch will usually get you a system that will boot.
Although you will still need to do a proper kernel config.