[lfs-support] LFS 7.2 GCC pass 1

Tim Burress tim at variosecure.net
Thu Sep 6 19:52:33 PDT 2012

On 09/03/2012 03:53 PM, Israel Silberg wrote:
> checking for MPFR... no
> configure: error: libmpfr not found or uses a different ABI (including
> static vs shared).
> make[2]: *** [configure-stage1-mpc] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build'
> make[1]: *** [stage1-bubble] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

For what it's worth, I ran into the same problem but found that it was
just a typographical error on the last line of the configure command,
where --with-mpfr-lib is defined. Since it's the last line you may have
truncated it during the cut/paste or something.

One thing is just to try

    find /mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build -name 'libmpfr*' -print

and see if that gives you anything. If so, check to see if the path is
what you have as the value for --with-mpfr-lib.

Another thing you can do is look at

/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build/mpc/config.log. Search for "libmpfr not
found" and if you look above that a page or two you'll see the gcc
command that's testing for libmpfr. It's trying to compile a program
called conftest. See if the paths given in the -L directives there match
what you gave for --with-mpfr-lib.

You can even extract the code for conftest.c (it's down below the error
message if I remember right) and try to build it yourself in

/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build/mpc/

using the gcc command line from config.log. Somewhere in the process you
should see something that gives you a clue!

Tim