[lfs-support] FYI: LFS-7.2

Baho Utot baho-utot at columbus.rr.com
Thu Sep 6 13:17:35 PDT 2012

On 09/06/2012 03:10 PM, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Baho Utot wrote:
>
>> I only thing I had a problem on was udev in which I had to add
>> -ludev-local.a to LDFLAGS.
> Can you go into detail about why you found this needed.
> build/udev-local.a is supposed to be included in executables directly as
> an archive, not searched as a library.
>
>      -- Bruce

What happened is that gcc failed to link as it did not find the static
lib so I added that to the LDFLAGS and it then compiled and linked.
That is all the info I have on this at this time. It is as I remember
it...Sorry

Since I am going to rebuild using my scripts to test them before
commiting them to github I will remove the LDFLAGS
and if it fails I can then forward the build.log for it so you can
examine it.

Thanks