[lfs-support] prerequisites reading and kernel build

Robert Cox tw3akurb0x at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 5 14:38:06 PDT 2012

going thru the prerequisites again and decided to build a custom kernel for my distro.

linux gets confusing because of the independent thinking both good and bad...
1. distro call for debian is export cpu flags and so on... and the straight build is j4.... or +1 or all the virtual cpu's depends on what tutorial you read. etc...
2.one of the great things is the script since  2.6 kernel localmoduleconf or whatever I forget... that builds the loaded modules... just thinking about all the choices in menuconfig  even after coping my distro's config files over.... headache.
3. what is the abi in the boot??? modules ??? or linking to modules???

 remember things have changed much since I last built LFS. and I am a lowly roofer by trade... this is only a hobby and I've not started to work on LFS again... only the prerequisites..... lots of reading.   tweak