[lfs-support] Grub 2.00 questions again ... sorry

Firerat firer4t at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 5 14:35:56 PDT 2012

On Sep 5, 2012 10:01 PM, "Eleanore Boyd" <cara117@
<cara117 at cox.net>cox.net<cara117 at cox.net>>

mikienet.com <kmb at mikienet.com>> wrote:
> >> Hello all,

> >> Or is this a BLFS question.
> >>
> > It seems you have failed to understand the simplicity grub offers
> > Read that tutorial and if you still need help ask on a grub list
> >>

> Bruce gave him a much better answer than you have, Firerat. And besides,
> LFS is NOT like any of the major distros; it does not assume ownership
> of grub.cfg like those do.
>
> And at any rate, do you realize how snarky and snooty you sound?
Yes, intended
Here is the reason, some people feel compelled to help others out, even
when the issue is trivial. Personally I see this as a waste ( or should
that be waist Mikie?? ) of sometimes time, they might be happy to do it,
but is it fair?
Mikie , IMO , has a history of bogging down with trivial matters holding
out the "I Google" Shield
> Seriously, he's only just gotten into the Linux scene and is still
> learning all about it.
With a quick google, a quick scan and then posts to a mailing list
Besides, he started in 2002 failed, came back in 2007, failed again. 2012
> There really is a reason everybody deals with
> Microsoft's hoops and hassles and buys Windows instead of using Linux.
> (Here's a hint: it's because of responses like that from people like you.)

Really?
Tell me Elly, what is it they are using to "research" Linux? Do you not
think most already have Windows?
And LFS is not about learning Linux, it is about learning how to build a
Linux based system to your specific needs.
Ubuntu is perfect for anyone wishing to migrate from windows, if they get
in to it.. Well LFS is here.

www.linuxfromscratch.org
<http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/faq.html>/<http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/faq.html>
lfs <http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/faq.html>/<http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/faq.html>