[lfs-support] LFS 7.2 GCC pass 1

Jasmine Iwanek jasmine at iwanek.co.uk
Wed Sep 5 06:55:35 PDT 2012

On 2012-09-05 13:34, Baho Utot wrote:
> On 09/05/2012 08:17 AM, Jasmine Iwanek wrote:
>> I've been bashing away at building LFS for a VERY long time, and
>> done
>> many many builds of 7.2, this problem has not hit me once, I would
>> suggest you stop building GCC with MAKEFLAGS set to -j > 1, as was
>> suggested.
>>
>> --
>> Jasmine Iwanek
>>

> I always build all of LFS with -j4 or -j8 and it has not failed me.
>
> Maybe those that do have a problem are all using a scripted build vs
> those that don't have a scripted build?
>
> Suggesting that it may be only showing up in scripted builds?

Could well be the case, aye, but that kind of backs the original point,
as far as I can tell, we should not be having to support people who
didn't follow the book instructions (or as was pointed out by bruce)
didn't look before they leaped, after all, if you're unable to find the
time to do even one build by hand, what hope do you have to find the
time to properly script your builds and debug said scripts?

--
Jasmine Iwanek