[lfs-support] LFS 7.2 GCC pass 1

Israel Silberg israel at silberg.co.il
Sun Sep 2 23:53:40 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I started working on LFS 7.2 and I get the following error in GCC 4.7.1
pass 1 (section 5.5.1)
as far as I can tell I'm following the book to the letter and the configure
I have copied and pasted.
I tried the section three times already and every time I get the same
error, is it OK or should I check something?
My host is Ubuntu 12.04 and the prerequisites passed.
the error:

checking for MPFR... no
configure: error: libmpfr not found or uses a different ABI (including
static vs shared).
make[2]: *** [configure-stage1-mpc] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build'
make[1]: *** [stage1-bubble] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build'
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have done the tar and mv of the MPFR-3.1.1 for sure.
Regards,
Israel