[lfs-support] booting LFS

Garrett Gaston garrett85 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 2 14:41:29 PDT 2012

I haven't yet fixed Debian's boot process but I tried to fix the LFS
boot loader, I edited files via ssh as usual, I just had to download and
 burn a boot cd to get it up and running. I got a little progress in
that now LFS is trying to start but I'M getting a couple of errors.

2.033750]   VFS : Unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy

2.034037]   VFS : Cannot open root device "sda2" or unknown-black(2,0)

2.034109]   Please append a correct "root=" boot option ; here are the available partitions:

2.034209]   Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS : Unable to mount root fs on unknown -block(2,0)