[lfs-support] LFS Book 7 | chapter 7 what to ignore

spiky martynvidler at aol.com
Sun Sep 2 03:11:29 PDT 2012

On 02/09/12 11:05, Oshadha Gunawardena wrote:
> Ok, so I managed to do up to the chapter 6 and now reading through the
> chapter 7. In section 7.2 it says that I can ignore this section if I
> only has one network interface, so basically the entire section 7.2 I
> can ignore (7.2.1, 7.2.2, 7.2.3). And my question is doesn't this
> section 7.2 relates to section 7.3 or further? Or the sections are not
> related in their own context.
>
> Thanks,
> Oshadha.

It dose say

This section only applies if a network card is to be configured.

_If a network card will not be used_, there is likely no need to create
any configuration files relating to network cards. If that is the case,
remove the |network| symlinks from all run-level directories
(|/etc/rc.d/rc*.d|)

will you be using a network?