[lfs-support] Boot message log location

Mikie kmb at mikienet.com
Sat Sep 1 14:01:10 PDT 2012

>This might sound really odd or insulting or completely unrelated, but you could try remastering an already existing distro to learn about Linux in addition to building LFS. For example, you can strip about 3/4 of the packages from Ubuntu and it still works, you simply have less functionality (and most of the programs aren't really useful for a developer anyway). You'll get an idea of what's needed by what program and why.

>Elly

Good idea!
ummm ... how do I do that again?

I think a LFS live CD which has the independent tool chain of CH 5 & 6 would be a great starting point for the less informed of Linux like me.

(and it would cut down on the emails on this list if I am well fed).

Someone should reserect that.

1> burn the ISO
2> boot and start LFS at chapter 6 (is that right?)