[lfs-support] Boot message log location

Eleanore Boyd cara117 at cox.net
Sat Sep 1 13:48:27 PDT 2012

On 9/1/2012 3:34 PM, Mikie wrote:

> I have said this before on this list and I'll say it again.
> LFS is a wonderful site for Linux experts who already know a lot of this stuff.
> Not so much for the rest of us.
> You say "Know the build system" ... how I say?
>
> LFS does not effectively teach this to anyone other than an already Linux expert.
> ... and please don't complain to me to Google for another site that is more suitable for a beginner cause there ain't no such thing people.
This might sound really odd or insulting or completely unrelated, but
you could try remastering an already existing distro to learn about
Linux in addition to building LFS. For example, you can strip about 3/4
of the packages from Ubuntu and it still works, you simply have less
functionality (and most of the programs aren't really useful for a
developer anyway). You'll get an idea of what's needed by what program
and why.

Elly