[lfs-support] How to know how many packages are installed?

Rick Shelton rick.shelton at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 15:56:35 PDT 2012

How many packages are installed? I don't know. I suppose you can count the
installs in chapter 6.
Is a package installed? Hm, check the chapter related to installing the
package and see if any of the files detailed in the "Contents of" section
exist on your system.

~

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Mario St-Gelais <mario.stg at videotron.ca>wrote:

> On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 01:04:49 -0700 (PDT)
> gmspro <gmspro at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there any way to know how many packages are installed?
> > Is it possible to know if a package is installed or not?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> I am very new to LFS.  I wrote a very complex script I called wg :P:
>
> #!/bin/bash
> wget $1
> echo $1>>/sources/wget_log.txt
>
> So I keep a log of what's downloaded.
>

> --

Yes, Virginia, there is an awful lot of common sense in the world.