[lfs-support] corrupted link

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 31 09:15:51 PDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 11:09:52AM -0400, Dave wrote:
> While compiling audiofile, this error popped up.
>
>      > undefined reference to symbol 'log10@@GLIBC_2.2.5'
>
> looks like a corrupted link.  how do I fix...where could it have came from?

 First, this is the wrong list.  Please take any problems with
packages which aren't in the LFS book to blfs-support.  And I really
don't think this indicates a problem with your base LFS system :)

 Googling for log10@@GLIBC_2.2.5 shows it comes from libm.  It looks
as if you are using an old version of audiofile, and either
glibc-2.15 or 2.16 : there are sundry bug reports in google for
packages where libm needed to be added in the CFLAGS or LDFLAGS.

 Please try the current version (0.3.4, according to BLFS from
earlier this week) which is labelled as building on LFS-7.2 without
needing any fixes.

ĸen