[lfs-support] Kernel panic lfs-7.2

spiky martynvidler at aol.com
Thu Oct 25 14:03:46 PDT 2012

Hi
Ok I,m having real trouble booting my lfs system. Long storey with lfs
7.2 wont boot, I have now dd a working lfs-7.0 system, from another
laptop which I have done before. on to this laptop replacing 7.2.
I adjusted fstab file as needed for new partitions.
I have tried booting from grub prompt (host grub)
set root=(hd0,3)
linux /boot/vmlinuz-3.3-rc1-lfs-7.0
boot

I get a kernel panic
  "VFS unable to mount root fs via NFS trying floppy
VFS cannot open root device "(null)" or unknown-block(2,0)
please append a correct "root=" boot option here are availble partitions"
then it lists the sda partitions.

I got the same panic with the lfs 7.2 install, I have rebuilt the kernel
many times different configurations.
   I have built lfs since 6.7 and always got them to boot, this is the
1st time I have built on this laptop, Nothing special about this laptop.

Would really like to get this fixed Thks