[lfs-support] error while loading shared libraries

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Oct 24 10:12:01 PDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 08:55:17PM +0800, lx wrote:
> Hello:
>         I have intstalled lfs by LFS-BOOK-7.1, I don't finished it.And I
> maybe operate the
> glibc by the wrong way.So,the question is that some commands don't work now
> .

 Sorry, I can't parse this.  If you mean you are using an incomplete
build of LFS-7.1 to build 7.2, that sounds unlikely to work.

> for example:
> ls: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
> tar: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory
>
> By the way: I'm installing lfs by LFS-BOOK-7.2.
>                    the user of lfs has this question, and the root don't
> have.

 *where* are you in 7.2 ?  I'm guessing this is somewhere in chapter
5, because you say it works for root but not user lfs.

 It sounds as if one of the toolchain adjustments went wrong, so
that /tools/bin/ls is broken.  *If* that is true, root will find
that the host system's ls and tar work, but /tools/bin/ls and
/tools/bin/tar are also broken.  /tools/bin is not normally on
root's PATH, except while building chapter 6.

ĸen