[lfs-support] Booting LFS

Garrett Gaston garrett85 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 15 18:55:52 PDT 2012

I know it's unusual for it to be hda rather than sda but it is hda. It's very strange, the first time I did LFS on the same computer it was sda until it came to the boot grub.cfg file, then it wouldn't boot unless I referenced it as hda even though the entire rest of the project sda sufficed. No I'M doing round two but this time I'M using the LFS system I built last time as my host system and it will only acccept hda. The mount -v -t /dev/xxx $LFS command wouldn't work unless I did /dev/hda this time around. My host LFS system is on hda3, swap is on 2, and I do indeed have the LFS system I'M currently building on hda1.