[lfs-support] Chapter 8.4 Using Grub

Garrett Gaston garrett85 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 15 14:44:55 PDT 2012

xorriso : FAILURE : Drive address '/dev/cdrw' rejected because: not existing and -drive_class 'risky' '/dev'
xorriso : HINT : If the address is a legitimate address for a new regular file, prepend "stdio:"
xorriso : FAILURE : -as cdrecord: Job could not be performed properly.
xorriso : aborting : -abort_on 'FAILURE' encountered 'FAILURE'
Above is what I'M getting when I ran these commands below, any ideas?
cd /tmp &&
grub-mkrescue --output=grub-img.iso &&
xorriso -as cdrecord -v dev=/dev/cdrw blank=as_needed grub-img.iso