[lfs-support] chapter 6.2

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 08:43:33 PDT 2012

Garrett Gaston wrote:

> I got it. Each time a reboot the LFS box I'M having to run all the
> commands on page
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter06/kernfs.html

Not quite all.  Just 6.2.2 and 6.2.3.  And of course remount /mnt/lfs.

I'll also note that the virtual filesystems are not always needed.  I go
into chroot all the and do test builds of individual packages for both
LFS and BLFS.  Most of the time mounting the virtual filesystems is not
needed, but some packages do need it.

For building LFS Chapter 6, some packages to need it, so it's best to go
ahead and mount them there before entering chroot.

   -- Bruce