[lfs-support] chapter 6.2

Garrett Gaston garrett85 at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 9 19:17:30 PDT 2012

On page http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/stable/chapter06/kernfs.html the command mount -v --bind /dev $LFS/dev is returning "mount: mount point /mnt/lfs/dev does not exist". I take it that something changed
while I was working on the project, I mean after shutdown the LFS machine and starting it back up. I made sure that the $LFS variable was set. I think it would be a little better if the LFS project gave scripts for setting up and
unsetting the working enironemnt for LFS rather that assuming that the whole project is being done in one sitting and for dummies like myself who may not know exactly what all needs to be done concerning mounting,
unmouting, chroot environment, and any other variables that need to be set up reboot. Any ideas what going on here? Thanks.