[lfs-support] Compiling GCC pass 1 of Linux From Scratch

Arvind S Raj sraj.arvind at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 23:02:09 PDT 2012

Hello everyone,

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 1:35 AM, Aleksandar Kuktin <akuktin at gmail.com> wrote:

> > checking dynamic linker characteristics... configure: error: Link tests
> are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
> > make[2]: *** [configure-stage1-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 1
> > make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build'
> > make[1]: *** [stage1-bubble] Error 2
> > make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build'
> > make: *** [all] Error 2

Just to be sure that I didn't do anything wrong, I started all over again
and it compiled successfully. I'm pretty sure the requirements were correct
since binutils compiled successfully and also pretty sure that I specified
--enable-languages=c since it is specified in the LFS 7.2 book. I think it
should've been environment variable value not set-I just noticed that
logging in via 'su - lfs' doesn't execute .bashrc despite bash being the
default shell.

This time, I noticed something during configure (not sure if it was there
last time since I don't have those logs).

checking for version 0.11 (revision 0 or later) of PPL... no
*** This configuration is not supported in the following subdirectories:
     target-libquadmath gnattools target-libada target-libstdc++-v3
target-libgfortran target-libgo target-libffi target-zlib target-libjava
target-libobjc target-libgomp target-libmudflap target-libssp
target-boehm-gc target-libitm
    (Any other directories should still work fine.)

Is this something that should normally happen? Or should something more be
done at this point?

--
Arvind S Raj
Research Associate