[lfs-support] Compiling GCC pass 1 of Linux From Scratch

Aleksandar Kuktin akuktin at gmail.com
Mon Oct 8 13:05:20 PDT 2012

> checking dynamic linker characteristics... configure: error: Link tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
> make[2]: *** [configure-stage1-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build'
> make[1]: *** [stage1-bubble] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/lfs/sources/gcc-build'
> make: *** [all] Error 2

I *think* I had something like this when first compiling a 32-bit
subsystem for my LFS.

Please, please, copy and paste more of the compilation log. At least
4-5 aditional commands executed. I will then untar my old logs and see
if I can find a match.

What are the architectures involved? What is the architecture you are
building on and what is the target architecture? Please post the
beginning of configure's output, so that it includes the architectures
(host, build, target).

--
   Fourth law of programming:
   Anything that can go wrong wi