[lfs-support] vi for chapter 6

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 16:42:08 PDT 2012

Ken Moffat wrote:

>   Of course, if your desktop isn't going to let you put 4 separate
> terms on the same desktop (e.g. - no, I'll not name an environment
> here) then other ways may be easier.

It's just a technique, but I like to use konsole.  It works great in any
window manager, twm, xfce, etc, but You do need to build the Qt/KDE
libraries.

Right now I have two instances of konsole open, with a total of seven
tabs (virtual terms).  This is relatively normal for me.

I like konsole for it customization capabilities, including easy naming
of tabs.

   -- Bruce