[lfs-support] Booting into LFS chapter 9.2

Kaleb van Ingen Schenau k.ingen.schenau at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 06:44:31 PST 2012

I'm not a 100% sure which drivers i need, luckily i have snapshots before
every major step in the book (I'm running LFS on a virtual machine), so
i've just gone back to before compiling the kernel and have configured to
install all possible harddrive drivers to see how that works out.

I must add that im trying to boot off a partition that isn't currently set
a a bootable partition in FDISK on the host OS, could this be relevent to
the errors I'm getting?

On sdb i have a bootable 100mb partition that doesn't contain anything
because /boot is set to be mounted with all the other folders in " / ". It
seems to be able to read the grub file as configured in the .cfg but it's
just stalling at the mounting of the root partition.

I'll let you know if installing extra drivers helped me or has set me back
further.

regards,
Kaleb