[lfs-support] MACHTYPE=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

Dave daveaube at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 27 07:16:33 PST 2012

Three years ago, (give or take), I took notice of the LFS project.  It
was more a fight to get through the process, largely because of slow
machines, and a spouse.  The learning opportunity was great, if you paid
attention, you could make it through the build, and actually learn some
of the options.

This time around, there were surprisingly fewer errors, most cause by
me. Making many back-ups.
Getting caught in an overnight package upgrade was the only stumbling
block.  Great job with the project all.
I hope the TRINITY project (KDE3) installs as easily as LFS.

I have only one issue, mostly cosmetic, but,  That
"MACHTYPE=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu" keeps sneeking into the build, and I
was looking for it while building, but it still got by me. First place
found was a reference in BASH thru the SET command.
Where does that 'default' get injected into the build? Or should I say,
When was I supposed to inject my
own 'vendor- triplett'

Can it be changed after the build?

Dave