[lfs-support] libpipeline error

Fernando de Oliveira famobr at yahoo.com.br
Mon Nov 26 08:49:10 PST 2012

>    De: Dave
>    Assunto: Re: [lfs-support] libpipeline error
>    Para: "LFS Support List"
>    Data: Segunda-feira, 26 de Novembro de 2012, 12:51

>>>     De: Dave
>>>     Assunto: Re: [lfs-support] libpipeline error
>>>     Para: "LFS Support List"
>>>     Data: Segunda-feira, 26 de Novembro de 2012, 10:33

>>>         De: Dave
>>>     Assunto: Re: [lfs-support] libpipeline error
>>>     Para: "LFS Support List"
>>>     Data: Segunda-feira, 26 de Novembro de 2012, 10:10

>>>         De: Dave
>>>     Assunto: [lfs-support] libpipeline error
>>>     Para: "LFS Support List"
>>>     Data: Segunda-feira, 26 de Novembro de 2012, 9:52

>>>       CC     safe-read.lo
>>>       CC     safe-write.lo
>>>       CC     glthread/threadlib.lo
>>>       CC     glthread/tls.lo
>>>       CC     xmalloc.lo
>>>       CC     xalloc-die.lo
>>>       CC     xstrndup.lo
>>>       CC     xvasprintf.lo
>>>     In file included from xvasprintf.c:25:0:
>>>     ./stdio.h:1030:1: error: 'gets' undeclared here (not in a
>>>     function)
>>>     make[4]: *** [xvasprintf.lo] Error 1
>>>
>>>     Can't find ANY reference to 'XVASPRINTF" in any Doc's....so
>>>     where does
>>>     it come from?
>>>

>>>       No answer for the  question. However, when I have a "make" problem,
>>>     first, try to run with -j1.
>>>
>>>         No change...Once I find out where 'xvasprintf.c comes from, I'll
>>>     recompile that pkg and try again.  Usually The LFS book can be searched
>>>     for files installed.  but this is a no-show in the book
>>>

>>>       ... if you have not done so,
>>>     first remove the uncompressed libpipeline-1.2.1 directory and start
>>>     again.

>>>     Fernando
>>>

>>>     already tried that.  that's why I'm mentally stuck on xvasprintf.c I
>>>     want to re-run on that pkg
>>>
>>     There is  an instruction in "Linux From Scratch - Version 7.2 ":
>>
>>     << Fix an incompatibility between this package and Glibc-2.16.0:
>>
>>     sed -i -e '/gets is a/d' gnulib/lib/stdio.in.h >>
>>
>>     Have you run this sed?

>    OK..here it is...follow        www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/view/development/chapter06/libpipeline.html
>
>    you'll see that the sed command is missing
>
>    THAT's because the libpipeline pkg was updated over-night and I didn't catch that.  The docs were new also
>
>    all is well

Glad it is solved for you.

Just to make things clear for others finding these posts, do you still
need the sed for newer version? Please, post an answer to this question, for others sake.

Also, I have run into problems different from yours when trying to build
lfs-svn some years ago, and learned that I should first save a copy of
it locally, and only use this saved copy, to avoid overnight changes.

I do not remember if it is stated anywhere in the book, if not it would
be good to have it written there.

[]s,
Fernando