[lfs-support] (no subject)

Tobias Linus Seidler tobias.linus.seidler at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 24 11:55:17 PST 2012

Hello.

I downloaded and decompressed the packages with wget as instructed in the lfs book. Within the host-system and as lfs-user I created and cd-ed into the binutils-build folder and executed the ../binutils-2.22/configure --prefix=/tools --with-sysro.... command.

Then I executed 'make' put terminal reported there was no make file in the current directory. Inspection of the previous commands output told me about some error that a c compiler on the host system was missing:

checking target system type... i686-lfs-linux-gnu
checking whether ln works... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl.exe... no
configure: error: in `/mnt/lfs/sources/binutils-build':
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details.

Please advise me.

Besides when I copy multiline commands out of your pdf terminal interpretes each single line on its one which of course doesn't work. Can I do something about that?

Regards.