[lfs-support] gcc pass 2 fails in LFS 7.2 ?

Olivier Desbiens od at tcpartners.fr
Thu Nov 22 06:35:42 PST 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade my previous LFS (which was 6.7) to LFS 7.2.

When I get to the second pass of gcc build, it fails with this message:

/tools-7.2/i686-pc-linux-gnu/bin/ld: cannot find crti.o: No such file
or directory

When I look to my previous LFS, I see that I had to patch gcc before
building it again with gcc-4.5.1-startfiles_fix-1.patch.

I checked if I didn't forget to patch gcc in 7.2 but there is
no patch command.

Finally I found a patch in http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/downloads/gcc/,
for gcc 4.7.1, I used it and it worked.

Is this normal ? Is that patch missing from LFS 7.2 book ?

Thanks !

Olivier