[lfs-support] How is 'dev/pts' created (or not)?

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop73 at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 21 12:17:47 PST 2012

(replying from gmail in midori, to test that, sorry if the line
lengths are erratic :)

I mentioned 188 because that is what is in the 7.2 book, and therefore
udev-lfs-188-3.tar.bz2 is accessible (unlike patches, the lfs udev
tarballs can be
hard to locate).

Once you are using the current bootscripts, I wouldn't bother changing
udev for the
sake of it.  If you have to rebuild udev for something in BLFS
(typically, to get the
gudev part of it), stick with the version you are using.

ĸen

On 21/11/2012, alex lupu <alupu01 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ken Moffat:
>> I updated udev on all of <redacted>.
>> But it isn't something I would choose to do, and
>> I find it hard to imagine that a newer version will
>> now bring anything useful to most people.
>
> Ken, thanks.
>
> Would you say my 182 is a happy medium?
> I thought I heard you mentioning 188(?) at one point.
>
> Cheers,
> -- Alex
> --

After tragedy, and farce, "OMG poneys!"