[lfs-support] How is 'dev/pts' created (or not)?

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Wed Nov 21 06:47:39 PST 2012

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 09:31:48PM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:

> I'm pretty sure udev has nothing to do with mounting /dev/pts.

 That was my initial thought too, but I've now remembered that I had
the exact same problem in my own testing of some of the ways to cope
with systemd's takeover of udev back in May and June.

 What I don't recall is whether a change to the bootscripts or a
change to the udev-lfs tarball/Makefile solved the problem.

ĸen