[lfs-support] still doesnt work right (after binutils pass 2)

Paige Thompson erratic at devel.ws
Wed Nov 14 18:19:16 PST 2012

For sure, its good to find some of those errors though.. for me it helps to know what you can't do with some stuff first hand as a means of saying I am proficient in something and sometimes it takes going down that path to even realize that some things don't work the way you expect. The cross compiling process is something I want to get to know very intimately. I've never had much in the way of trouble aside from low level stuff. I've written a bit of C and C++ in my day, it makes me wish I had focused my career more on it sometimes though I'm sure I would feel the opposite if I hadn't stuck to web application development and systems architecture.

The fact that I haven't been able to find a complete base toolchain for download yet is kind of a blessing and a curse. On one hand I'm learning some things about glib and gcc that I never knew and on the other I can imagine myself having a lot more fun with what I have planned once I get inside the chroot :)