[lfs-support] LFS 7.1, a problem

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL jmengual at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Nov 9 17:40:05 PST 2012

Hi,

As I finished a lfs 7.1 before 7.2 release, I try finishing before
updating. And I have a boot problem.
1. My tmpfs entry in fstab is good. My dev entry too.
2. CONFIG_TMPFS=y
3. I have a /run dir

1st thing strange: I don't understand, in the book, "ln
-s /run/lock /var/lock" (chap6.5) which creates a broken symlink ( /run
is empty). Moreover, at boot, I get a message: "cannot find /dev in
fstab" then "can't find /run/var/bootlog".

Could it be a kernel problem? A bootscript problem? Can I workaround or
fix?

Thanks,

--
       Jean-Philippe MENGUAL