[lfs-support] Not set up to use the correct startfiles at the 6.17 sanity check

Chris Staub chris at beaker67.com
Tue Nov 6 17:32:31 PST 2012

On 11/06/2012 08:13 PM, Harry Prevor wrote:

> On 11/5/12, Chris Staub <chris at beaker67.com> wrote:
>> I see numerous similar lines in your output - basically, it appears to
>> be looking in /bin and /lib for gcc files, rather than /usr/{bin,lib}.
>
> To be honest, I'm not really sure why that is.
>
>> Does "ls /lib/gcc" give any output?
>
> After recompiling as root it does (not sure whether it did before but
> I believe it would have): "x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu"

That directory should not exist. This would seem to indicate some
mistyped directory option, but your dummy.log contents say that GCC was
configured with --prefix=/usr and --libexecdir=/usr/lib, which are both
correct. Installing GCC into /usr certainly shouldn't create any
directories or files in /bin or /lib. Do you have logs of your GCC
installation?