[lfs-support] Not set up to use the correct startfiles at the 6.17 sanity check

Harry Prevor habstinat at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 17:13:18 PST 2012

OK; so considering even the author of the Package Users hint said it
doesn't have to be an all-or-nothing approach, I've decided to give up
just for this one package and install just gcc as the root user to
help debug this. I removed all the old source files, recompiled,
rechecked, and reinstalled as root. Unfortunately, I'm still having
the same problem. It may be helpful to note my new make check results:

    <http://sprunge.us/TMVR>

And here is my new dummy.log:

    <http://sprunge.us/agKH>

On 11/5/12, Chris Staub <chris at beaker67.com> wrote:
> I see numerous similar lines in your output - basically, it appears to
> be looking in /bin and /lib for gcc files, rather than /usr/{bin,lib}.

To be honest, I'm not really sure why that is.

> Does "ls /lib/gcc" give any output?

After recompiling as root it does (not sure whether it did before but
I believe it would have): "x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu"

> Also, did you deviate from the
> book's instructions in any way other than adding Package User commands?
> Even if you did not do so deliberately, you might want to go back
> through your command history to verify what you actually typed vs.
> what's in the book.

Thanks for the tip. I've checked both my command history and my human
memory and the only changes I've made are ones related to Package
Users it seems. Any other debugging inquiries are welcome.

--
- Harry Prevor