[lfs-support] LFS 7.2, Chapter 5.7.Glibc-2.16.0 Compile error

Bruce Dubbs bruce.dubbs at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 20:52:52 PST 2012

Juan Rodriguez wrote:
> All,
>
> I am not able to compile Glibc-2.16.0.  I get ac_nonexistent.h as no
> such file or directory. Program failed was confdefs.h.
>
> I looked on the LFS site, and found similar issues, but no resolution
> to it.
>
> Please be patient with me as this is my first LFS build.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this?

For ac_nonexistent.h it is checking for the proper error return.  The
file is non-existent.  That's not your problem.

You need to check the host system requirements in Section iii of the
Preface.  Hint:

configure:6337:
       mawk -v commonpagesize=0x1000 -f conftest.awk
	   conftest.ph > conftest.cps

mawk: conftest.awk: line 16: function strtonum never defined

   -- Bruce