[lfs-support] lfs live cd and being blind

Eleanore Boyd cara117 at cox.net
Sat Mar 31 11:34:54 PDT 2012

On 3/31/2012 11:38 AM, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> On 30-03-2012 12:05, Eleanore Boyd wrote:
>> And that is why Google, Bing, Ask, etc. are the geek's best friends.
>>
>> Fun trivia: Ubiquity (the Ubuntu installer) is gui-only. Therefore, when
>> making a livecd based off of the server installation, there is no using
>> any tool that relies on casper and ubiquity without losing the
>> console-only interface. Whee..........
>>
>> Elly
> If you do not know already, there are the altenate cds which are text based:
>
> http://ubuntu.c3sl.ufpr.br/releases/11.04/ubuntu-11.04-alternate-i386.iso
>
> http://ubuntu.c3sl.ufpr.br/releases/11.04/ubuntu-11.04-alternate-amd64.iso
>
> Is the server cd you referred to i386 or amd64?

My desktop only supports x86 guests on a VM, and I knew they existed,
but I had no use for them until I learned that some people prefer a live
console environment. I also learned that they only have an installer,
making my previous method of remastering useless.

By the way, does anyone else want to try and copy me? Because being the
only one trying to make a livecd for building LFS is starting to
dishearten me, as there's so much to do still.......

Elly