[lfs-support] Networking Question

Jim Washko jimwashko at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 08:59:30 PDT 2012

I have gone through the whole LFS 7.0 book and it boots great. I am running
it on VirtualBox

I am doing this for a project in my class and I am now required to give it
networking capabilities, I am assuming I just need to go through the
networking section in BLFS, and I have a few questions.

Ultimately, I am looking for my VirtualBox LFS machine to get an IP address
via DHCP along with still having network connectivity on the machine
VirtualBox is running on (Win7)

How am I able to download the .tar files onto my booted system (I used wget
www.etc before to get all of the files previously)?

Any other help on what I need to do in order to get networking fully
functional so I can download and install new software would be very
appreciated.

Thanks ahead of time.

Jim