[lfs-support] lfs live cd and being blind

Eleanore Boyd cara117 at cox.net
Thu Mar 29 15:12:02 PDT 2012

On 3/29/2012 11:03 AM, mike wrote:
> hi,
>
> I am blind and build my lfs's usually using grml and an ssh session but was
> wondering if their is a way to get the lfs live cd to start with speakup for
> building?

I am working on getting accessibility support back into the livecd in
general, and am trying to replace the GNOME window manager with fluxbox,
so it might be a while before it can without breaking. To be honest, I
didn't expect my announcement to generate this much interest, especially
seeing as I'm just a high school student working during a computer class
and after school on such things as LFS. Plus, I originally meant the
announcement as wanting to know if anyone wanted to see what I did and
take a few ideas from it, maybe improve on it.

Has anyone else thought of remastering the Ubuntu livecd for building
purposes? It would be slightly horrific if I was the only one, as I
don't think I can develop and maintain this sort of thing by myself,
there's a little too much that needs to be done yet......

Elly