[lfs-support] New development live CD

Philippe Delavalade philippe.delavalade at orange.fr
Thu Mar 29 00:53:55 PDT 2012

Le jeudi 29 mars à 04:07, Eleanore Boyd a écrit :
> On 3/28/2012 7:45 PM, Anand Arumugam wrote:
> >> ............no. I happen to not be impaired in any way like that, so
> >> having the accessibility options on the livecd only wasted space.
> >> However, once I can figure out why scp doesn't want to copy my iso file
> >> to the server, I can make a special version with the accessibility
> >> options back in and enabled. I'll even label it especially for making it
> >> clear that it's for people like yourself who want to build LFS, but
> >> can't see what the terminal is printing out.
> >>
> > In case if you didn't know about this project: http://projects.gnome.org/orca/
> >
> > I would assume that the host computer will have this installed and
> > there by know what he/she is doing.
> You didn't get the implied "I took it out to reduce the size of the
> livecd" then? I know very well it exists, and I will be reinstalling it
> for the accessibility-enabled version.

Hi.

I want to say that, as to me, there's no nedd of orca  and GUI ; I was just
speaking of braille with brltty which is not too heavy in term of space on
the CD. On the livecd built by Alexander Patrakov there was no GUI
accessibility tools, just braille and maybe, text-to-speech but I do not
use this, so I'm not sure.

--
Ph. Delavalade